School History

Drumgossatt National School is located on the L4900 Road less than 1km off the main
Carrickmacross to Kingscourt Road and close to St. Peter and Paul’s Church.

The school was built in 1891 and has undergone a number of changes since that time. The most
recent renovation and extension took place in 2010.

Our school now has five teachers, four mainstream teachers and a Special Education teacher and we have 93 pupils on the roll.

The school consists of four large spacious classrooms and a Special Education classroom on ground floor level. On the first floor we have a computer suite and a library.

Outdoor facilities include an all weather astro turf pitch and a tennis /basketball court.